Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Reinvention in the making

re.in.vent |verb|
change something so much that it appears to be entirely new.

A verb indicates action and movement. Implies that the subject is doing something. If we say, then, that our subject wants to reinvent him/herself, we are automatically stating that whatever was before, will no longer be, since he/she will take action upon whatever it is they want to change.

It is pretty obvious who the subject is after all. Perhaps you've noticed my long absence, or maybe not. But the truth is that I have crashed into important life-changing events. It has not been easy. It has not been merry. It has been what it has been.

What is expected of all of this? What will the outcome be of the changes surrounding my life?

Reinvention.

To change what didn't work before. To adopt bold ways of thinking. To exclude fear from my daily vocabulary. To accept new ways and go with the flow. To understand that this is the life I'm living and that I am responsible for it.

There are quite a few things that I want to change for the better, but there's one that I will protect... the smile that has always been on my face. The smile that reassures me that things will be ok and that I am a good person. A good person that wants to be the best she can be.

No comments: