Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Once upon a time...

... I decided I wanted to start writing a blog.

So, why the hell haven't I kept up with it??? In all honesty, there's no good reason. I just let life be and got caught up in it. No dramatic situation has happened (thank God!). I just got lazy and stopped... it was much easier just stopping altogether.

The truth is that writing is hard. And writing about one self is even harder. It's like as if someone has lit a bright spot light upon you, and you're standing in a big, dark stage, all by yourself. There's nowhere to go... and the show must go on.

I've tried to hide away from that stage all my life. I'm not the kind of person who likes getting much attention. In fact, I've always been the friend of the popular girl, the wife of the popular guy, a plain accountant working at the bank, the good daughter who's always there for everyone, the one that loves watching movies and reading books, the one that goes to the gym and doesn't speak a word. Yep, always laying low. I guess the blog started to feel like something outside of character, the only place where everything was about me. I felt like an outsider in my own virtual space. It must stop....

I am hereby regaining the right of being selfish, of speaking only about me, about my fears, my joys and my mistakes. My thoughts will remain anonymous because I say so. And I will enjoy every sentence of it.

2 comments:

Juliet Colors said...

I know just what you mean. I also have a typically reserved nature, and it can be difficult to regularly "expose" myself through my writing to a virtual audience. I get around that difficulty a little by giving myself permission not to post every day, and by reminding myself that ultimately I am doing this for myself.

I am glad to know you are doing fine and that no serious situation has gotten in the way of your blogging, just life goes on. :-)

Hector Vallejo said...

Never reserve your feeling. please